In this week’s Wednesday Roundup, I cover how to sell anything online, 16 resources to improve your blog, a free photo editing software, and more!
1. Launch: I absolutely love this book by Jeff Walker. It gives you the secret formula for successful product launches based on his many years of experience as a multi-million dollar internet entrepreneur. As Murnan Creative expands our offerings, rest assured I’ll be using this formula!
2. GIMP: I covered a free online tool for photo editing in Wednesday Roundup 1, but if you want a heavy hitting free alternative to Photoshop look no further than GIMP. I use GIMP for a huge amount of my photo editing needs. It has many of the same features as Photoshop and is a great choice for jobs that require complex editing. The interface took awhile to get used to, but once I did I won’t look back!
3. 16 Blogging Resources to Improve Your Blog: I feel like I hit the mother lode when I stumbled upon this site. Social Media Examiner curates some of THE BEST content on the internet when it comes to social media. In this guide, you’ll get tons of recommendations ranging from SEO to social media plugin reviews.
4. Fast Follow: @Undercurrent: Back in 2011, I had the pleasure of working with Undercurrent on a big digital project for GE. I was absolutely blown away by the talented minds at this agency. Their strategists truly understand not only the current digital trends, but where the industry is going and they help companies get there. Give Undercurrent a follow to receive insightful updates in an ever changing digital world.
5. Site of the week: Her Heartland Soul: Erin is a good friend of Joanna and I’s and has a wonderful blog called Her Heartland Soul. In her blog, she chronicles her journey of living a life full of heart and loving from the soul.
I had the pleasure of working with Erin on a few projects and am so thrilled with how everything came together. She has a two column layout using a Genesis child theme called Modern Blogger Pro. One of my favorite parts of her site is the View Posts About section where I partnered with graphic design guru Kevin to build icons that correspond to the blog’s most popular categories. Head over to Her Heartland Soul and check her out!