It has been a busy week over at MC. I launched my new email newsletter and have several exciting roll-outs happening with clients!
My Wednesday series provides a variety of helpful resources each week for bloggers and anyone interested in building a digital platform. While I started calling it Wednesday Roundup, I am not sure I love the name. Have an idea? I would love your feedback! Please leave a comment below if you have any other ideas on what to call this series.
1. Podcast: Quick And Easy Content Creation Strategies: As a runner, I always make sure I have my phone loaded with podcasts to keep my mind distracted. Last week I ran a 10 miler preparing for my Omaha Half race and discovered RED (Real Entrepreneur Development). David and Laurel have a fun chemistry and both draw from their extensive life experience for each post.
In episode 043, the team talks about content creation and gives actionable ideas for bloggers to generate content quickly and with minimal effort. My favorite tip is to interview others — I’ve seen my wife do this effectively with her Makingmine features.
2. Hubspot Resources: I’m constantly impressed by the marketing team over at Hubspot. They have everything from social media marketing strategy to blog templates and more. I subscribe to their email newsletter and find myself downloading many of their free e-books on a regular basis.
3. Follow Brian Fanzo @iSocialFanz: I started following Brian on Twitter a few years ago and am amazed and how much good content he puts out there each and every day. Brian tweets about social media and digital marketing. Follow Brian @iSocialFanz
4. SurveyMonkey: If you are in need of a survey tool, look no further than SurveyMonkey. I recently pulsed my clients for feedback and I was really impressed with how easily it was to build. The tool is intuative and has every type of survey question imaginable (text box, drop down, multi-select, ranking, etc.). There is a free option and paid options for larger audiences.
5. New Web Host: As a web developer and designer, I am constantly looking for good self-hosted WordPress options. Last year, we moved from GoDaddy to Bluehost. After constant outages and unexplained downtime, we finally made the plunge to a Virutal Private Server (VPS) with Hostwinds. Our first day was a little rocky getting our data transferred over, but I am confident that this is the right move for us and will set us up to succeed in the long-term.
Your Turn: What do you think about the name Wednesday Roundup? What web host do you use? What are your favorite podcasts?