Happy Wednesday! I hope you guys are having a good week so far. I mentioned in my inaugural post that I’ll be posting a variety helpful resources and insights each week. They’ll range from book recommendations to cool tools I use, all with a focus on building your platform.
Here’s what’s on my mind today:
1. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: I’m loving this book by Gary Vaynerchuk. Gary is an amazing social media marketer and wrote this book about how to tell your story in a very noisy online world. The book is worth every penny as it goes through the good (and embarrassingly bad) examples of how to use social media tools effectively on each platform. He hilariously dissects what big brands do wrong and gives you his take on how to best modify your message per social channel.
2. The Top 10 Mistakes Bloggers Make: I love to listen to Michael Hyatt and this podcast gives amazing tips each week on building your platform. I wish I would have known some of these things before launching some of my previous blog attempts. Of the top 10, I’ve definitely struggled most with post consistency and keeping my topics on brand. Here is a written transcript of the podcast.
3. PicMonkey: Every blogger and website entrepreneur needs a good photo editing option. Whether you are a Photoshop ninja or have never edited a photo, I highly recommend you put PicMonkey into your arsenal. There is Free version and a Paid version with more options. The Free version will give you the ability to resize photos, create collages, and place text on top of your photos. I’m such a fan of this that I’ll do a tutorial post on it sometime!
4. Songza: I was a loyal Pandora user for a long time but recently switched to Songza for my music streaming needs. Here’s why: you pick the playlist based on your mood or genre. It is even smart enough to know the weather in your location and will serve up a great “Rainy Day” mix!
5. A Big Thank You: I’ve had an big jump in opportunities for my business over the past month thanks largely to my amazing clients spreading the word. I can’t thank you all enough for your support of what we do here at Murnan Creative!
Question: Have you tried any of the tools I’ve mentioned? If so, what do you think? How do you keep yourself informed with the ever changing social media landscape? You can leave a comment by clicking here.